1. What is personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, such as for instance your contact information, your browsing history or your clinical data.
2. General principles for personal data processing by terapiaconsultancy.co.uk
We adhere to the following principles when processing your personal data:
- We will only collect personal data for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- We will not collect personal data beyond what is necessary to accomplish those purposes.
- We will not use personal data for purposes other than that for which the data was collected, except as stated herein, or with prior consent
- We will not transfer personal data to third parties, except as stated herein, or with prior consent
- We will do our best to ensure that information is up to date by encouraging you to verify your personal data periodically
- We will maintain appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access and against all other unlawful forms of processing
- Except when stated herein, we will not store personal data longer than is necessary to accomplish the purpose for which the data were collected or for which they are further processed, or as is required by law
3. Personal data we collect and process.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Data you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.terapiaconsultancy.co.uk, or our mobile apps or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, our apps, subscribe to any updates, request or receive psychiatric consultation and psychological therapy through our site, participate in social media functions on our site, complete a survey or report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and medical history.
- Data we collect about you. In relation to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following data:
- Technical data, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform
- Data we receive from other sources. We may receive data about you from third parties we work closely with (including, without limitation, medical practitioners, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, analytics providers, search information providers).
4. How we use your personal data
We use data held about you in the following ways:
- Data you give to us; We will use this data:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us relating to psychiatric consultations and psychological therapy, and to provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- To process payments for our services;
- To confirm your scheduled appointment and to send you a push notification before the start of your session;
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about;
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing client, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about services similar to those you have previously received or enquired about;
- To notify you about changes to our services;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- Anonymised data may be used for research purposes;
- Data we collect about you; We will use this data:
- To administer our site and our apps and for internal operations including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site and our apps to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site and our apps safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of marketing we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant marketing to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site and our apps about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- Data we receive from other sources. We may combine this data with data you give to us and data we collect about you. We may use this data and the combined data for the purposes set out above;
5.Where we store and process your personal data.
As a general principle, your personal data is stored and processed within the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your payment details. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. In case of transfer of your personal data to any third countries, as defined in General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), applicable legislation and regulations concerning such transfers are observed and relevant legal and security safeguards are ensured before such transfer.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential and we ask you not to share a password with any other parties.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
6. Our disclosure of your personal data to third parties
We may disclose your personal data to third parties to the extent required by law, court order or a decision rendered by a competent public authority and for the purpose of law enforcement. In addition, we may share your personal data with the following third parties:
1) Medical or psychological therapy practitioners for the purposes of furthering a contract between us and you for the provision of psychiatric consultations and psychological therapy.
2) Third party vendors carrying out services on our behalf, including billing, sales, marketing, IT support, advertising, analytics, research, customer service, data storage, validation, security, fraud prevention, payment processing, and legal services. Such third-party vendors have access to perform these services but are prohibited from using your personal data for other purposes.
4) Third parties in order to establish, exercise or defend legal rights of terapiaconsultancy.co.uk
5) Third parties in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of terapiaconsultancy’s assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6) Other third parties subject to your consent.
When we disclose your personal data to a third party, we take all reasonable steps to ensure that those third parties are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations with respect to the protection of your personal data. The disclosure is conducted in compliance with legal requirements, including entering into data processing agreements with the relevant third parties, to ensure that personal data is only processed in accordance with our instructions, applicable law and regulations and for the purpose specified by us and to ensure adequate security measures.
7. Retention of your personal data
We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it.
Personal data related to our services is kept and processed for a period of seven (7) years from the last date of service, unless such data is legitimately processed for other purposes, such as providing you with personal benefits or customised direct marketing upon your consent or for pursuing our legal claims, where maintaining such information is considered necessary.
Personal data related to our provision of direct marketing to you is kept and processed for a period of five (5) years from the date you last have been active in opening our marketing communication or otherwise showing interest in such communication.
Personal data related to your use of our site or our apps is kept and processed for a period of five (5) years from the date you last have been active in using our site or our apps.
Relevant personal information will be deleted after expiry of the above-mentioned periods, unless such data legitimately can be kept and processed for other processing purposes which we have legal basis for.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a site, that enables us to: (1) recognise your computer; (2) store your preferences and settings; (3) understand the web pages of www.myonlinetherapy.com or of our apps that you have visited; (4) enhance your user experience by delivering and measuring the effectiveness of content and advertising tailored to your interests; (5) perform searches and analytics; and (6) assist with security and administrative functions. Some cookies are placed in your browser cache while those associated with Flash technologies are stored with your Adobe Flash Player files.
Pixels are tiny electronic tags with a unique identifier embedded in websites, online ads and/or email that are designed to: (1) collect usage information like ad impressions or clicks and e-mail open rates; (2) measure popularity of advertising; and (3) access user cookies.
As we adopt additional technologies, we may also gather information through other methods.
Please note that you can change your settings to notify you when a cookie is being set or updated, or to block cookies altogether. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information. You can also manage the use of Flash technologies, including Flash cookies and local storage objects with the Flash management tools available at Adobe’s website. Please note that by blocking, disabling, or managing any or all cookies, you may not have access to certain features or offerings on our site or our apps. For example, to complete a purchase on our site, you will need to accept cookies sent by our site.
9.Responsible for processing
Terapia Consultancy Ltd, 9 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London EC1R 5HL, United Kingdom is the data controller. GoDaddy LLC, 14455 North Hayden Road Suite 219 Scottsdale, AZ 85260 United States is the data processor.
10. Access to your personal data and data portability
You have the right to access the personal data concerning you which you have provided to terapiaconsultancy.co.uk or our apps in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to any third party you should choose to.
11. Updating and/or deleting your personal data
We encourage you to update your personal data provided to www.myonlinetherapy.com or our apps any time there are changes in your personal data.
Your personal data can be deleted from our servers unless we are entitled or obliged by applicable law and regulations to keep and process such information regardless of withdrawal of your consent.
Following your request for deletion of your personal data, these will be deleted from our servers without undue delay; please note it may take a period of up to two (2) months to ensure complete deletion of any information stored in our back-up.
You may also contact us to review, update or delete personal data stored about you. For relevant contact details please see section 18 below. Please note that prior to accessing and requesting changes to your data, we will need to verify your identity properly.
12. Right to withdraw your consent
Some of our processing activities may be based on your consent. In these situations you will have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing conducted prior to the withdrawal.
If you withdraw your consent, terapiaconsultancy and third parties involved in personal data processing will cease to process your personal data, unless and to the extent the continued processing or storage is permitted or required according to the applicable personal data legislation or other applicable laws and regulations. Please note that as a consequence of your withdrawal of your consent, terapiaconsultancy may not be able to meet your requests or provide you with our services.
13. Right to restriction of processing and right to object
You have the right to restrict processing of your personal data if the personal data is not correct, or if the processing is unlawful, in the event that you oppose erasure of your personal data, if we no longer needs your personal data for the purposes of processing but storing such data is requested by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or if you have objected to processing and verification and a decision about whether terapiaconsultancy still has legitimate interest in the given personal data is pending. Please see section 18 for relevant contact details.
At any time you have the right to object to processing of your personal data that has been collected and processed for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by terapiaconsultancy , for instance when we provide you with relevant therapy materials, make your future bookings easier by remembering your details, or when we conduct analytics and statistics on your use of our services. Please see section 18 for relevant contact details.
Furthermore, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can do so by unsubscribing from our marketing information by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the bottom of marketing communication from terapiaconsultancy.
14. Right to complain
If you want to complain about a privacy breach, please contact Terapia Consultancy Ltd. by sending your complaint to
Terapia Consultancy Ltd, 9 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London EC1R 5HL, United Kingdom
or by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five (5) business days. We will do our best to resolve it as quickly as possible and within one (1) month from the date of complaint. In case a response would require longer than one (1) month, we will let you know and inform you of the relevant reason(s).
If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint or with our handling of your complaint by
terapiaconsultancy, you may refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
15. Third-party websites, plug-ins and services
16. Use by children
terapiaconsultancy does not target and is not intended to attract children. Accordingly, our online services that collect personal data are not directed at and should not be accessed by individuals under the age of sixteen (16) years, and we request that such individuals do not provide any personal data to Myonlinetherapy. Minors must obtain express consent from parents or legal guardians prior to accessing or providing any personal data. If notified by a parent or guardian, or discovered by other means, that a child under the age of sixteen has provided his or her personal data to terapiaconsultancy we will delete the child’s personal data that is in our possession.
18. Contact details
Terapia Consultancy Ltd, 9 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London EC1R 5HL, United Kingdom
Alternatively please send an e-mail to email@example.com
Website & Apps Terms & Conditions
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE AND/OR APPS.
The content of the pages of this website and/or apps is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Terapia Consultancy (“TC”) is an organisation that manages self-employed practitioners only and is not the provider of services to the client. The service provider shall at all times be the practitioner. All of our practitioners are self-employed and are regulated by their respective regulatory bodies. Each practitioner has their own set of terms and conditions, and any therapeutic contract will be formed between you and your chosen practitioner.
TC provides the video conferencing platform and administrative services only. TC will not accept liability for any loss or damage resulting from contact or work with the practitioner. Any complaint against the practitioner should be raised with the practitioner in the first instance and, if necessary, escalated to their respective member organisation.
terapiaconsultancy.co.uk and the Terapia Consultancy apps are operated by
Terapia Consultancy Ltd, 9 Coldbath Square, Farringdon, London EC1R 5HL, United Kingdom
The practitioners are all regulated by one or more of the following regulators:
- The British Psychological Society
- The General Medical Council
- The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
- The Health and Care Professions Council
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site and/or apps or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website and/or app linked to it.
Payment for your sessions will be taken at the time of your booking. Please therefore have your credit card details at hand.
If any appointment is cancelled 48 hours or more before your session, we will refund the full amount paid. There is no refund for any appointment cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice; this is also the case for any missed sessions. In exceptional circumstances a psychologist may have to cancel your appointment – if this occurs you will receive a full refund for that session. Please note that if you join any session under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or become abusive, insulting, disruptive or act in an unreasonable manner during the session the psychologist will be entitled to terminate the session and you will remain liable for the payment of the session.
Timing of Sessions
Sessions will last for either 30 minutes (initial) or 50 minutes (treatment). If for any reason you have not entered the virtual waiting room within 10 minutes of the start of a 30 minute session, or within 15 minutes of a 50 minute session, the session will automatically end and will be deemed as a missed session.
The fee for an initial consultation is £49 for 30 minutes. Ongoing sessions last 50 minutes and cost £99.
Website and/or Apps content
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website and/or apps for any particular purpose. We acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent of the law. Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website and/or our apps meet your specific requirements. The site and/or apps content is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely or a tool for diagnosis. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the free content on our site.
We assume no responsibility for the content of websites and apps linked on our site and/or our apps. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites and apps. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
This site and our apps contain material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited.
Accessing our site
Access to our site and our apps is made available free of charge, although online consultations are charged for.
We do not guarantee that our site and our apps, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site and/or apps is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site and/or our apps without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site and/or apps is unavailable at any time.
We do not guarantee that our site and/or apps will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site and/or apps. You should use your own virus protection software.
Linking to our site
You may link to our site and/or apps, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. Our site and/or apps must not be framed on any other site or app. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. If you wish to make any use of content on our site and/or apps other than that set out above, please contact us in the first instance.
Your use of this website and/or apps and any dispute arising out of such use of the website and/or apps is subject to the laws of England